Bolton Abbey, Wharfdale
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 1/16 × 15 1/8 inches (28.1 × 38.4 cm), 5 × 8 inches (12.7 × 20.3 cm), 4 11/16 × 7 3/4 inches (11.9 × 19.7 cm), and 2 15/16 × 4 1/8 inches (7.5 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.315"; lower left: "First Published State | In E Landseer copy, [the mitials]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Sir E. Landseer Coyp with autograph | fine [Tachia] Proof"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "BOLTON ABBEY, WHARFDALE. | Printed for Hurst, Robinson Co. London, 1826."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | England | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | Wharfe | Wharfedale
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Bolton Abbey, Wharfdale, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.