IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, The Castle of St. Angelo, 1834
The Castle of St. Angelo
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 11/16 inches (44.1 × 29.7 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 6 inches (22.7 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 8 1/4 × 5 1/2 inches (21 × 14 cm), Image: 2 3/4 × 3 1/2 inches (7 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.419 (b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof before any letters - Before the sky was completed | Castle of St Angelo - Byron | VIII"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Castle of St. Angelo"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "7/6 Engravers Proof"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basilica | bridge | castle | mausoleum | park | river
- Associated Places:
- Castel Sant'Angelo | Italy | Lazio | Parco Adriano | Ponte Sant'Angelo | Rome | Saint Peter's Basilica | Tiber
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.