- Graphite, white gouache, witih rubbing on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 6 13/16 x 10 1/8 inches (17.3 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Bassenth[waite?] | 21.Sept.1836"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "37"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "5"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "22"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | grass | lake | landscape | mountains | plants | sky | trees | valleys (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- Bassenthwaite | Bassenthwaite Lake | England | Lake District | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Charles Nugent, Edward Lear, the landscape artist, tours of Ireland and the English lakes, 1835 & 1836 , The Wordsworth Trust, Grasmere, 2009, pp. 125, 127, fig. 35, NJ18 L455 N84 2009 + (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Bassenthwaite, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.