IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Baylis Allen, 1803–1876, British, Château of Amboise, 1833
Château of Amboise
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Rivers of France
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 11 11/16 inches (21.7 × 29.7 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 13/16 inches (15.1 × 22.4 cm), Chine collé: 5 5/8 × 8 9/16 inches (14.3 × 21.7 cm), Image: 3 11/16 × 5 9/16 inches (9.4 × 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.438(b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Amboise Chateau 438. E.P. (b) [sr] Theobald."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Before clouds are put in"
Lettered, lowre left: "J.M.W. Turner"; lettered, lower right: "James B. Allen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | château | river
- Associated Places:
- Amboise | Centre | Château d'Amboise | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.