Canal of the Loire and Cher, near Tours
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 1/2 inches (21.9 × 31.8 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 8 15/16 inches (14.9 × 22.7 cm), Chine collé: 5 7/16 × 8 9/16 inches (13.8 × 21.7 cm), and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 1/2 inches (9.5 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.439 (a)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Canal of the Loire a Cher, near Tours- | [8 or &]"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."; Collection stamp, verso, lower center: "20258"
Lettered, lower left: "Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Jeavons"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | river
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Cher | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire | Pont Wilson | Tours | Tours Cathedral
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jeavons, ca. 1800–1867, British, Canal of the Loire and Cher, near Tours, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.