The Lake of Geneva
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 3/4 inches (44.1 × 29.8 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 inches (24.1 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 5 1/4 inches (23.5 × 13.3 cm), Image: 2 1/4 × 3 1/4 inches (5.7 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 348"; lower left: "Lake of Geneva"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "London, Published September 1, 1829 by R. Jennings 62 Cheapside."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation) | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Geneva, Lake of | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, The Lake of Geneva, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.