- Balgrate. 14. October. 1837
- Graphite, white gouache, and rubbing on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 14 1/4 inches (25.4 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Balgrate. | 14. October. 1837"; Verso: in graphite, center: "18 | Longwise | 27"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | clouds | figures (representations) | fishing | landscape | marine art | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | sky | village | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Balgrate. 14. October. 1837, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.