- A View of Core's Library, Dawlish, Devon
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 8 inches (13.3 x 20.3 cm) and Mount: 8 1/4 x 10 7/8 inches (21 x 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "vi"; on mount, lower right: ""DLA338"; on back of mount, upper left: "43"; on back of mount, upper right: "DLA338"; in graphite, on back of mount, center left: "9278"; in brown ink, on back of mount, center: "Dawlish, Devon."; in graphite, on back of mount, center: "[...]awny; on back of mount, lower center: "John White Abbott"
signed and dated in brown ink, on back of mount, center: "Sept 15. 1837. | JWA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baskets | beach | boats | buildings | bushes | carrying | carts | cliffs | clouds | coast | columns (architectural elements) | figures | horses (animals) | labor | landscape | library (building) | men | mountains | sea | seashore | windows | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Dawlish | Devon | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John White Abbott, 1763–1851, British, A View of Core's Library, Dawlish, Devon, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.