- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 3/4 inches (26.7 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 3/8 inches (15.2 × 21.3 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 × 5 7/8 inches (8.3 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite,upper left: "R.493"; lower left: "Carlisle- Engraver's Proof lights under arches of bridge [...] [...] [...] [...] at night and left of bridge"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Carlisle"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "E. Goodall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Carlisle | Carlisle Castle | Cumbria | Eden | England
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.