- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 3/4 inches (26.7 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 3/8 inches (15.2 × 21.3 cm), Image: 3 1/4 × 5 7/8 inches (8.3 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.493"; lower left: "Carlisle- Engraver's Proof lights under arches of bridge [...] [...] [...] [...] at night and left of bridge"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Carlisle"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "E. Goodall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Carlisle | Carlisle Castle | Cumbria | Eden | England
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.