- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 17 × 11 3/8 inches (43.2 × 28.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 6 inches (21 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 7 7/8 × 5 1/8 inches (20 × 13 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (8.9 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 508"; lower left: "16 Loch Achray Scott's Poems - Engraver's Proof Finished"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Edinburgh, Published by Robert Cadell: & Moon, Boys & Graves, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (environment) | literary theme | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Achray, Loch | Scotland | Stirling | Venue, Ben
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Loch Achray, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.