IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Shakespeare's Monument at the Church at Stratford upon Avon, 1834
Shakespeare's Monument at the Church at Stratford upon Avon
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, first published state
- Image: 4 1/8 x 2 7/8in. (10.5 x 7.3cm), Sheet: 7 3/4 x 5 5/8in. (19.7 x 14.3cm)
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "J. Horsburgh."; lettered, lower center: "Edinburgh, Published 1834, by Robert Cadell, and Hodgson, Boys, & Graves, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.