- Part Of:
- ca. 1844
- Line engraving; engraver's proof, touched on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 641"; center left: "Mr. Miller will have the goodness to recollect he has not sent Mr. Turner the two proofs of Mr. Moon's plate of Modern Italy"; lower left: "Tynemouth Priory- Engraver's Proof drawn & written on by Turner"
Collector's mark: "W.G.R"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "William Miller"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | ruin
- Associated Places:
- England | Pen Bal Crag | Tyne | Tynemouth | Tynemouth Castle and Priory
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Tynemouth Priory, ca. 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.