- Southampton and Northam from the River Itchen
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white wove paper laid to medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 10 3/4 inches (17.5 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Southampton"; inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, upper center: "C318 Constable"; in graphite, lower left: [...]; lower right: "A 23412" in green pencil, lower right: "63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | bridge (built work) | cityscape | river | ship
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Hampshire | Itchen | Northam | Southampton | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Jonathan Fisher, ca. 1760–1809, Irish, Southampton and Northam from the River Itchen, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.