Monument to Jennett Hamilton, Chelsea Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, white gouache, graphite, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 1/2 inches (37.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Chelsea Vol V page 107"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "48"
Lettered inside image in pen and black ink, upper center: "NUNCIA PACI"; lower center: "Beneath this Monumt lyeth ye Body of JENNETT | The Wife of ALEXANDER HAMILTON of this Parish Gent: | Who departed this Life ye 9th of Septr 1716 | In ye 54th year of her Age."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | memorial
- Associated Places:
- Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Monument to Jennett Hamilton, Chelsea Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.