Lowestoffe Lighthouse (vignette)
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Etching and engraving, Engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 17 1/2 × 12 1/8 inches (44.5 × 30.8 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 × 5 1/4 inches (15.9 × 13.3 cm), Chine collé: 6 3/16 × 5 1/16 inches (15.7 × 12.9 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 × 3 3/4 inches (11.4 × 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.305. Engraver's Proof"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "305 | W Engraver's Proof | Before clouds across moon were softened"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4085"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Lowestoffe Lighthh.."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lighthouse | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Lowestoft | Lowestoft Lighthouse | North Sea | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Lowestoffe Lighthouse (vignette), ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.