Monuments to Mrs. Rebecca Cassamajor and Thoma Spateman, Chiswick Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Memorial to Mrs. Rebecca Cassmajor and Thomas Spateman from Chiswick Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 3/4 inches (37.8 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Chiswick Vol V page 202"; upper right: "56"
Lettered inside image in pen and yellow ink, center left: "Sacred to the Memory of | Mrs. REBECCA CASSAMAJOR Widow | who departed this Life | on the 6th. of November 1788, | Aged 73 years."; in pen and black ink, center right: "Sacred | to the Memory | of THOMAS SPATEMAN, A.M. | Late Vicar of this Church | wherein he officiated | near twenty nine years | and with what sincerity | with what Humility and study after peace | is gratefully remembred in this place | He lies interred in the new Vault | near this place by his own direction | Born May 1694 | Died Jany. 1761"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | memorial
- Associated Places:
- Chiswick Church | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Monuments to Mrs. Rebecca Cassamajor and Thoma Spateman, Chiswick Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.