IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Plate for Richard Amondesham and His Wife Katherine, Ealing Church, between 1796 and 1811
Brass Plate for Richard Amondesham and His Wife Katherine, Ealing Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Brass Plate for Richard Amundethin from Ealing Church
- between 1796 and 1811
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 10 7/8 inches (38.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Ealing Vol VI page 230"; in graphite, upper right: "79"
Lettered inside image in black ink, lower center: "Here under lyeth Richard Amondesham otherwise called Awnsham | some tyme Mercer and | Marchaunt of the Stapplle of Calys and Kateryn his Wyff"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | plate | praying
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.