Brass Plate for John Asplyn, Godfrey Askew, and Elizabeth the Wife of them Both, Edmonton Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Brass Plate for John Alplu and Godfrey Alkett and Elizabeth, Wife of them both from Edmonton Church
- between 1796 and 1811
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 10 3/4 inches (36.8 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Edmonton Vol VI page 264"; upper right: "81."
Lettered inside image in black ink, lower center: "Pray for the Soullys of John Asplyn & Godfrey | Askew and Elizabeth the Wyfe of them bothe | for ther Soullys & all Crestyn a pat nost & ave"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | monastic | prayer
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Plate for John Asplyn, Godfrey Askew, and Elizabeth the Wife of them Both, Edmonton Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.