William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Druidical Stone at Strather, near Barvas, Isle of Lewis, undated
Druidical Stone at Strather, near Barvas, Isle of Lewis
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 9 1/4 inches (15.9 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "67/4/11/1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | men | peat | sea | shovel | stone | woman
- Associated Places:
- Barvas | Isle of Lewis | Scotland | United Kingdom | Western Isles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.