- Hannibal passing the Alps (vignette)
- Etching and line engraving with graphite and scraping; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9 Italy. Hanniball Passing the Alps.- Touched proof"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Hannibal passing the Alps (vignette), 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.