The Lake of Geneva
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; finished engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 × 12 inches (43.2 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 5 1/2 inches (24.1 × 14 cm), Chine collé: 9 3/8 × 5 1/4 inches (23.8 × 13.3 cm), Image: 2 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (6.4 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.348 (b)"; lower left: "Italy | The Lake of Geneva finished proof with high upper lines of cloud added in the center. Engraver's name removed- no lettering."; inscribed on verso in black ink: "103055"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (environment) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Lake Geneva | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, The Lake of Geneva, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.