The Entrance to Fowey Harbour, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 14 15/16 × 21 1/16 inches (37.9 × 53.5 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 12 5/8 inches (26 × 32.1 cm), Chine collé: 9 13/16 × 12 1/8 inches (24.9 × 30.8 cm), Image: 6 7/16 × 9 1/16 inches (16.4 × 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Taylor Coll."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Entrance to Fowey Harbour, Cornwall"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1st pub. state Eng & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. | 225"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Jany 1829"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R.Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | watchtower
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | English Channel | Fowey | Fowey Blockhouse | Fowey Harbor | Fowey River | St. Catherine's Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Turner and the Sublime (British Museum, 1981-05-15 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-02-11 - 1981-04-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980-11-01 - 1981-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]