Study of Burdocks
- Additional Title(s):
Burdocks and Sheep Sketch
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 x 6 15/16 inches (9.2 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Burdock"; inscribed verso in graphite, upper left: "9/95"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | burdock | plants | sheep | still life
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Study of Burdocks, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.