Study of Burdocks
- Additional Title(s):
Burdocks and Sheep Sketch
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 x 6 15/16 inches (9.2 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Burdock"; inscribed verso in graphite, upper left: "9/95"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | burdock | plants | sheep | still life
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Study of Burdocks, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.