- A Sepoy Jamader
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 5 3/8 inches (17.1 × 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No. 14"; lower center: "Co[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Mildred Archer, India and British Portraiture, 1770-1825, Sotheby Parke Bernet, London, 1979, pp. 349-50, 510, fig. 252, ND 1327 I44 A72 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Mabon, died 1798, British, A Sepoy Jamader, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.