Moote Ram the Dwarf Dancing before Sepoys
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 × 2 3/8 inches (8.3 × 6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Moote Ram a native | of [...]"; pen and brown ink, upper left: "No. 4"; inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Moote Ram the dwarf | dancing before Sepoys"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dancing | dwarf | soldiers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 32, no. 98, V2359 (YCBA)