- A Modern Diversion
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 10 7/8 inches (16.8 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, within bottom margin, right: "Dighton- del"; in brown ink, within top margin, right: "10;" in black ink, bottom margin, center: "A Modern Diversion"
Watermark: [?"GR" in monogram] (J. Whatman; similar to Heawood 108) (only a slight fragment visible)
Signed in pen and black ink, within bottom margin, right: "Dighton- del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cockfighting | crowd | genre subject | interior | men | table
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, A Modern Diversion, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.