An Austere Hindu Fakir
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 5 1/4 inches (18.1 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "No 47"; inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower center: "A Hindoo Astere"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | Hindu | man | religious and mythological subject | sitting
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 33, no. 111, V2359 (YCBA)