Square in the Village of Los Silos, Tenerife
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to thick brown card
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (17.5 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen on verso: "Square in the village of Los Silos/Tenerife-/during the Fiesta de la virgen de la Luz | on the evening of 7 Sept. 1827. | Sketched on the spot by | yours very truly/ Alfred Diston".
Signed and dated on verso:"...on the evening of 7 Sept. 1827. | Sketched on the spot by | yours very truly/ Alfred Diston".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bullfight | genre subject | landscape | mountains | sporting art | square (open space)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Diston, active 1818–1829, Square in the Village of Los Silos, Tenerife, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.