- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 3/8 inches (30.8 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 7/16 inches (15.2 × 21.4 cm), Chine collé: 5 5/8 × 8 1/8 inches (14.3 × 20.6 cm), and Image: 3 7/16 × 5 3/16 inches (8.7 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.319"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published State"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "London, Octr. 1827; Published, for the Proprietor, Robert Jennigs, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Edward Goodall | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basilica | bridges | cityscape | palace | river
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore | Florence | Italy | Palazzo Vecchio | Ponte Santa Trinita | Ponte Vecchio
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.