- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 12 1/8 × 17 3/8 inches (30.8 × 44.1 cm), 6 × 8 7/16 inches (15.2 × 21.4 cm), 5 5/8 × 8 1/8 inches (14.3 × 20.6 cm), and 3 7/16 × 5 3/16 inches (8.7 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.319"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published State"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "London, Octr. 1827; Published, for the Proprietor, Robert Jennigs, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Edward Goodall | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basilica | bridges | cityscape | palace | river
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore | Florence | Italy | Palazzo Vecchio | Ponte Santa Trinita | Ponte Vecchio
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.