- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 5 1/2 × 7 15/16 inches (14 × 20.2 cm) and 3 5/8 × 5 5/16 inches (9.2 × 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.320. (aa)"; lower left: "320. Lake Albano Engr. Proof. between (a) & (b) before Turner's [...] [...] added. Before [...] | [...]"; lower right: "4243 1/1/-"
Lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt. Wallis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape (representation) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Albani, Colli | Albano, Lago | Cavo, Monte | Italy | Lazio
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Lake Albano, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.