Virginia Water No. 1
- Part Of:
- Open etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 1/8 inches (29.8 × 43.5 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 3/8 inches (15.2 × 21.3 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 8 1/8 inches (14.6 × 20.6 cm), Image: 3 11/16 × 5 7/16 inches (9.4 × 13.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.322"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Open Etching | Virginia Water I."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river | temple
- Associated Places:
- Bourne | England | Surrey | Virginia Water | Virginia Water lake
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Virginia Water No. 1, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.