- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderateny thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 9 1/4 × 13 inches (23.5 × 33 cm), 6 1/16 × 8 9/16 inches (15.4 × 21.7 cm), 5 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (14.6 × 21 cm), and 3 7/16 × 5 1/8 inches (8.7 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.325 (b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Nantes - (Keepsake) First Proof - Before white figures on Steps of quay below Town, and below the [Mary] [which reflections] on water around. Dark cloud on right | outlined [rather] harder and darler than in later impressions - Before rays from cloud on right"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Keepsake - [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | château | cityscapes | river
- Associated Places:
- Château du Bouffay | France | Loire | Nantes | Nantes Cathedral | Pays de la Loire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Nantes, 1828-1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.