- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with gray, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 17 3/16 inches (30 × 43.7 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/2 inches (15.2 × 21.6 cm), Chine collé: 5 13/16 × 8 3/16 inches (14.8 × 20.8 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 × 5 11/16 inches (10 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.328 (a)."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof (a) | inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Turner 'K1830'. (very choice & scarce)"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Ehrenbreitstein"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Engravers Proof R.Wallis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "-12-Engravers Choice Proof | Very Rare"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.