- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 13/16 × 17 3/16 inches (30 × 43.7 cm), 6 × 8 1/2 inches (15.2 × 21.6 cm), 5 11/16 × 8 1/8 inches (14.4 × 20.6 cm), and 3 15/16 × 5 11/16 inches (10 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.328"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published state | Ehrenbreitstein."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.