- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with gray, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 17 3/16 inches (30 × 43.7 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/2 inches (15.2 × 21.6 cm), Chine collé: 5 11/16 × 8 1/8 inches (14.4 × 20.6 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 × 5 11/16 inches (10 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.328"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published state | Ehrenbreitstein."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.