- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with gray chine colle
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 7/8 inches (28.9 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 1/2 inches (15.1 × 21.6 cm), Chine collé: 5 11/16 × 8 3/16 inches (14.4 × 20.8 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 × 5 9/16 inches (10 × 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.330"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published State | [..] Havre from the Keepsake 1834)."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "R. Wallis"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, RA."; lettered, lower right: "R. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | cityscape | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- Caux, Pays de | Europe | France | Le Havre | Normandie | Seine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.