Palace of La Belle Gabrielle
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 17 inches (28.9 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/2 inches (15.2 × 21.6 cm), Chine collé: 5 9/16 × 8 1/8 inches (14.1 × 20.6 cm), Image: 3 7/8 × 5 1/4 inches (9.8 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.331"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof | Palace of the Belle Gabrielle - Keepsake 1834 & Heath Gallery 1836"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner"; lettered, lower right: "W.Miller"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- château | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Bougival | Château de la Chaussée | France | Seine | Yvelines
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Palace of La Belle Gabrielle, 1828-1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.