François Louis Thomas Francia, 1772–1839, French, active in Britain, View of Sheerness, undated
View of Sheerness
- Watercolor and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 12 inches (16.2 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "K (encircled)" | 1st | 6 left"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | river | ships | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | Medway | Sheerness | Sheppey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.