- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted to card
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 8 7/8 inches (16.2 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, upper right: " John Gantz | 5 original watercolors for | Judian microcosm 1827 | Abbey Travel No 445 | Also "Air Man " by Just Gantz's Son | John 1828 for a latter issue of | the same work.. "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | men | oxen | palm trees | well (structure) | workers
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.