- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderatelythick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 3/8 inches (29.2 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 10 5/16 × 14 1/8 inches (26.2 × 35.9 cm), Chine collé: 9 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (25.1 × 34.9 cm), Image: 7 1/2 × 11 1/2 inches (19.1 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "230d"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "EHENBRITSTEIN"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C.Allan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | church | cityscape | fortress | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Europe | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz | Rhine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.