- Etching and line engraving with graphite and white chalk; early engraver's proof, touched on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/4 × 25 1/2 inches (45.1 × 64.8 cm) and Image: 13 1/8 × 18 1/2 inches (33.3 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 203. E.P. (early); lower left: "R 203. Cologne Engravers Proof. Touched by Turner Pencil & ordinary Chalk - which rubs off easily"; lower right: "3241"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J. M. W. Turner R A | Etched by Edwd. Goodall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | cityscape | river | tower building
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Kuniberg | Bayenturm | Germany | Great Saint Martin Church | Köln | Rhine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.