IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, The Custom House, 1827
The Custom House
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 5/16 inches (30.2 × 44 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 × 12 inches (23.2 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/4 × 11 9/16 inches (22.2 × 29.4 cm), Image: 5 9/16 × 9 9/16 inches (14.1 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Custom House London"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C.Allen, 1824"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Europe | London | St. Magnus the Martyr Church | St. Paul's Cathedral | Thames | The Custom House | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.