Tivoli, a Composition
- Etching; open etched state (earlier than R.207 engraver's proof) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 23 3/8 × 34 7/8 inches (59.4 × 88.6 cm), 21 1/8 × 28 1/4 inches (53.7 × 71.8 cm), and 15 × 23 7/8 inches (38.1 × 60.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.207"; in red pencil, lower left: "1088"(circled); in graphite, lower right: "CO C/- 10/6"
Lettered below image: "Etched by E. Goodall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | temple
- Associated Places:
- Aniene | Europe | Italy | Lazio | Temple of Vesta | Tivoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tivoli, a Composition, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.