Tivoli, a Composition
- Etching; open etched state (earlier than R.207 engraver's proof) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 23 3/8 × 34 7/8 inches (59.4 × 88.6 cm), Plate: 21 1/8 × 28 1/4 inches (53.7 × 71.8 cm), and Image: 15 × 23 7/8 inches (38.1 × 60.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.207"; in red pencil, lower left: "1088"(circled); in graphite, lower right: "CO C/- 10/6"
Lettered below image: "Etched by E. Goodall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | temple
- Associated Places:
- Aniene | Europe | Italy | Lazio | Temple of Vesta | Tivoli
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tivoli, a Composition, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.