Tivoli, a Composition
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 24 1/2 × 33 7/8 inches (62.2 × 86 cm), 21 1/4 × 28 1/4 inches (54 × 71.8 cm), and 15 7/8 × 23 7/8 inches (40.3 × 60.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 207"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "a/R/i | u u | 50"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Engraved by Edwd. Goodall. | TIVOLI. A COMPOSITION. | From a Drawing in the Possession of John Allnutt Esqre. | Dedicated by Permission to Sir Thomas Lawrence President of the Royal Academy. | London, Published for the Proprietor J. ALLNUTT ESQr. by Colnaghi & Son, Pall Mall East, 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | temple
- Associated Places:
- Aniene | Europe | Italy | Lazio | Temple of Vesta | Tivoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]