- The Temple of Jupiter in the Island of Aegina
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof (b) on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 24 1/8 × 31 inches (61.3 × 78.7 cm), Plate: 20 3/8 × 26 1/2 inches (51.8 × 67.3 cm), and Image: 15 × 22 3/4 inches (38.1 × 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.208(c)"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof (c)"; lower right: "John Pye"inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "AG No 16 | ex/"
Stamped in black ink: "03130"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, The Temple of Jupiter in the Island of Aegina, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.