Cool Pipe in Pall Mall
- Graphite, pen, and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 13 3/4 inches (28.3 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Och! ye Powers!! - Murtoch Delany - | Murtoch Delany!! - did you ever think you | would arrive at this Honor!"; in graphite, upper center: "a horse"; in graphite, lower left: "from Liverpool"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "A Cool Pipe in Pall-Mall"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "2.0.10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | coats | leisure | men | pipes
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.