- Johnny MacCree in the Dumps
- Graphite, pen, and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 13 1/8 inches (27.3 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "What my ain Countrymen turn | their backs on me! - then tis an | up with Johnny Mac cree"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Touch the Sillar!!! - Tis a disgrace | on an Scotland!!"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Johnny Mac-Cree in the Dumps!!"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dumps | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Johnny MacCree in the Dumps, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.