- Black and gray ink with watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 8 3/4 x 10 inches (22.2 x 25.4 cm) and Sheet: 6 3/4 x 8 inches (17.1 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "HAY MAKING."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carts | children | genre subject | harvest | hay | hay wagons | haymaking | houses | labor | men | pitchforks | river | trees | village | wagons | women | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hearne, 1744–1817, British, Haymaking, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.