- Surat Musicians
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 × 6 7/8 inches (15.2 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Surat Musicians"; inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Singing People"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "RM"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Mildred Archer, India and British Portraiture, 1770-1825, Sotheby Parke Bernet, London, 1979, pp. 349-50, 510, fig. 251, ND 1327 I44 A72 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Mabon, died 1798, British, Surat Musicians, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.