Portrait of a Priest of the Borahs
- Watercolor and gouache with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 9 5/8 × 6 1/2 inches (24.4 × 16.5 cm)
Extensive inscription in pen and black in Sanskrit; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Portrait of a Priest of the Borahs"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Gangaram | 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Gangaram Chintaman Tambat, active 1790s, Anglo-Indian, Portrait of a Priest of the Borahs, 1794