IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Mabon, died 1798, British, Keilghee or Ornament for Horses Forelock, undated
Keilghee or Ornament for Horses Forelock
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 9 1/2 inches (34.6 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "To be put on the top of the head of the horse | This ornament and feather was made a | present of by [...] to the | Peshwa 1793."; on graphite, lower right: "1793"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- feather | genre subject | horse (animal) | ornament
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Adapting the Eye: an archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-10-11 - 2011-12-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 24, no. 16, V2359 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.